5 Warning Signs You Need a Pool Pump Repair
A pool pump keeps your pool water clean, clear, safe and healthy.
1. Low Filter Pressure?
If it’s low on continual basis, impeller may have a problem.
2. Leaking Water?
- Spraying water from pump housing may be an o-rings issue.
- Leaking water underneath could indicate a damaged motor shaft.
3. Weird noises?
- Squealing sound – motor may need new bearings.
- Noise like a vibrating blender – a part is out of alignment OR not enough water is moving through the pump.
4. Motor Doesn’t Start?
- Bad start capacitor.
- Loose, corroded or shorted power lead.
- If humming – rusted motor.
5. Pump Turns Off Automatically or Cycles?
- Cycling – turns off automatically, then on again after a bit means vents may be clogged or blocked.
- Turns off by itself after starting okay – it’s overheating. May be clogged or blocked vents.
Don’t ignore these symptoms!
If you do, it could cause significant damage and a costly replacement.
Pool Doctor of the Palm Beaches – https://poolspalmbeaches.com