What makes a great service company?
When you’re looking for a company to carry out your regular pool maintenance there are a few basic things you should look for in maintaining a pool. Keeping your pool clean, safe and in good condition relies on ensuring that regular maintenance is carried out, checks are made, and the water is kept clean and chemically balanced.
Most companies will arrange to visit your pool weekly to carry out the basic cleaning and maintenance requirements, some require 2 or more per week, most commercial pools will need it because they handle more people frequently.
Pool Technicians tasks:
- Skimming the surface of your pool to remove any floating leaves, debris or other unwanted flotsam and jetsam.
- Vacuuming the bottom of your pool to remove any sunken debris
- Testing and adjusting the chemical levels in your pool, to keep the water balanced and avoid the risk of damage to the pool surface itself, or to the filters.
- Brushing the interior surfaces and tiling of the pool to ensure they’re clean
- Emptying the skimmer and the pump baskets and cleaning the filters
- Adding water to the pool if it’s needed
- Cleaning pools that have become contaminated, or who have turned green, brown or black (this might require emptying and replacing the water altogether) or white fly infestation from the landscaping or neglect.
- Re-grouting the pool tiles and hand cleaning the tiled surfaces
- Acid washing the pool
- Replacing pool filters annually
- Repairing auto-pool cleaners
- Phosphate treatments to maintain the purity of the water
Your regular pool maintenance team will communicate or sign a card weekly and leave it at the equipment. Larger maintenance tasks that you might need your pool technician should notify the office to contact you.
Though most people’s needs are similar, there is no one-size-fits-all service. Good pool companies will discuss your needs in detail before giving you their recommendations. Pool maintenance is important and you have the right to be happy with the company who maintains your pool.